Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend of Ups and Downs

This weekend was a strange one for me. It all started great! I watched the Pens win the Stanley Cup for the third time in my life. I love hockey and this whole series was exciting and filled with emotion. It was what hockey is meant to be and I was so proud of my team.

The next day was a family outing to the Arts Festival, usually a fun-filled day of art, food and crafts. This year my children made it a miserable day of whining and not really getting to do anything. This in turn made my husband miserable and angry. This all led up to us leaving the city and going back home. Ugh! What a day.

Sunday turned out better. After church, we grabbed lunch and spent some more quality time at the park. It was O.K. No one got hurt at the park and we only had one little "accident" if you know what I mean. After that the kids visited the grandparents and my husband and I and an old friend went to see Star Trek. It was a thrill ride of constant adventure, but it was the kind of almost mindless entertainment that boosts the spirit. The good guys win in the end even if they get beat up along the way.

I can only hope that the rest of my week is calm and that I can surf the Summer Reading wave without crashing into the murky waters.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend, with only a few teensy downers - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete